Fores – Forum for Reforms, Entrepreneurship and Sustainability – the green and liberal research institute. We want to renew the debate in Sweden with belief in entrepreneurship and opportunities for people to shape their own lives.
Market-based solutions to climate change and other environmental challenges, the long-term benefits of migration and a welcoming society, the gains of increased levels of entrepreneurship, the need for modernization of the welfare sector and the challenges of the rapidly changing digital society – these are some of the issues we are working on.
We hold seminars and roundtable discussions in town halls, parliaments and board rooms, we publish reports, books and policy papers, we put together and chair reference groups around policy issues, we participate in the media debates, and we support policy makers with relevant facts. We act as a link between curious citizens, opinion makers, entrepreneurs, policymakers and researchers, always striving for an open-minded, inclusive and thought provoking dialogue.
Learn more about us on our website www.fores.se
The Fores board consists of experienced people from different professional and political background. The composition of the board guarantees a strong independence from special interests and partisan politics.
The Scientific Advisory Board includes a number of respected academics, many of whom have a distinguished international record, notably:
- Daniel Barr, Swedish National Debt office
- Professor Pontus Braunerhjelm, Head of the Swedish Globalization Council and professor at the Royal Institute of Technology.
- Ann-Sophie Crépin, researcher at the Beijer Institute.
- Klas Eklund, Senior Economist at SEB, former Chief Economist.
- Professor Magnus Henrekson, Head of IFN Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Charlotte Holgersson, gender researcher at the Stockholm School of Economics and the Royal Institute for Technology.
- Professor Carin Holmquist, Stockholm School of Economics, specialised in entrepreneurship.*
- Professor Lars Jonung, Lund University School of Economics and Management.
- Professor Charlie Karlsson, Jönköping International Business School, Jönköping University.
- Professor Hans-Albin Larsson, history, Kristianstad University College.
- Dr. Therese Lindahl, researcher at the Beijer Institute.
- Dr. Mia Lindskog, researcher at Stanford and Karolinska Institute in neuroscience.
- Professor Karl-Göran Mäler, founder of the Beijer International Institute of Ecological Economics.
- Jerker Söderlind, architect and urban planning researcher, the Royal Institute for Technology.
- Professor Daniel Tarschys, Department of Political Science, Stockholm University.
- Professor Emil Uddhammar, political science, Växjö University.
- Dr. Jonas Vlachos, Department of Economics, Stockhom University.
- Professor Håkan Ylinenpää, Luleå Technological University, specialised in entrepreneurial economics.
- Professor Gunilla Öberg, Head of Institute for Resources, Environment and Sustainability at University of British Columbia.